The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro as the name suggests is the successor of the Xiaomi Black Shark and the advanced version of the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 smartphone. This smartphone is more suitable for gamers, don’t get it wrong, anyone can use the device. However, it’s built to take gamers to the next world.
It’s coming straight from the Chinese tech company. The gaming device boasts of beautiful and unique body design with other regulars you’ll get on any flagship device. let’s look at what this beast has for us.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.39 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM, 128GB and 256GB
- 48 MP + 12 MP Rear Camera and 20 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design And Display
On the body, the device is designed to look rugged and classic at the same time. It’s built with the combination of aluminum alloy and glass. It has no notch which gives it a unique touch.
The panel is rough with a dual camera and an LED flash on the top side. Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro has body dimensions of 163.6 x 75 x 8.8 mm and weight 205 grams.
As you can see, it’s a little bit heavier, however, this will not stop you from enjoying your games.
On the display, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro offers a large screen size of 6.39 inches with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and 403 PPI density. The screen packs 19.5:9 ratio with an Always-on display and 240 Hz touch-sensing.
Furthermore, it’s equipped with AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and it reaches up 81.7% screen-to-body ratio.
The rear shell host a vertical combo camera setup with a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 lens with f/1.8 aperture with PDAF and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom, PDAF and f/2.2 aperture for clear shots.
The dual camera features LED flash, HDR, panorama and it can also shoot 4K videos quality as well. For selfies, there’s a single snapper of 20-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture.
Hardware And Software
To make both sensitive 3D gaming and multitasking smooth without any lagging, the maker decided to equip the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro with a powerful Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ based on 7 nm process technology.
The chipset has an octa-core processor that does its job well at a fast speed of 2.96 GHz. It has Adreno 640 GPU for good graphics especially when gaming. Behold is Android 9.0 Pie taking charge of the operating system.
On memory, the Black Shark 2 Pro is available in three storage variants. The first has an internal storage of 128GB with 8GB RAM, the second has 128GB with 12GB RAM, while the last has 256GB with a huge 12GB RAM. You can not expand the memory.
Battery Power And Network
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro has a nonremovable battery capacity of 4000 mAh which should hold power for a long time. The juicer has support for fast charging technology.
The Android gaming phone has 4G LTE Network with WiFi, Bluetooth, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS for Navigation and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector for both charging and files transfer.
You will also get stereo speakers delivering sound to your ear and Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic on the inside.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Price And Availability
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro is now available for purchase for $525 on eBay.
In Nigeria, it will sell for 195,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will cost 3,000 GHS and 55,000 KES in Kenya. You can order the phone in Shadow Black, Iceberg Grey, and Gulf Blue.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro:
- Platform: Android
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+, Octa-core (2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.78 GHz quad-core Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Shadow Black, Iceberg Grey, Gulf Blue
- Dimension: 163.6 x 75 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 205 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.39 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (409 ppi), Always on Display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 12 MP (telephoto) Camera, 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@1920fps
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, PDAF, 2x Optical Zoom, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20 MP Camera, HDR
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes