Xiaomi Mobile has designed a smartphone for fans who desire something cheaper than the Xiaomi Mi 9 and the Xiaomi Mi 9T and this new baby is the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. It is an entry-level device with a lot of exciting features. It takes after its elder siblings in some aspects. In this article, we explore in detail the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specs and Price.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Key Specs & Features
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (403 ppi), 800 nits brightness, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- 4030 mAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
- 4G LTE
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB built-in storage and supports memory card up to 256GB
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera and 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under Display)
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite was designed to impress customers who desire a smartphone that looks modern and yet falls in the category of low budget phones.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite may not feature the best of the best design, considering the designs we have seen from Xiaomi this year, but when placed side by side with smartphones at the same price range, you begin to appreciate the Xaiomi Mi 9 Lite.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 has a plastic build. Due to the caliber of a mobile phone it falls under, having a glass and metal build would hike the price, making it inaccessible to the category of people it was intended.
On the rear of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, there is a holographic design, with a colorful spiral line drawn from the top of the phone to the bottom, fading as it reaches the edges.
The setup on the rear and front of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is exactly the same as what we had on the Xiaomi Mi 9. The holographic design with Spiral lines makes a difference.
The rear of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite hosts a triple camera system, a camera flash, text describing the camera details briefly and the Xiaomi branding.
Upfront on the smartphone has a very familiar setup. Familiar due to the fact that many smartphones before the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite have featured this setup.
There is a display with a drop notch, and a noticeable bottom bezel, that is forgivable, as long you didn’t own a flagship device before now.
On the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, we have a 6.39 inch AMOLED display, with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 403 ppi.
Under this display, there is an optical fingerprint sensor, providing you with proper security.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite comes in three color variants. The colors include Black, white and blue.
The Xiaomi smartphone brand is well known for its ability to deliver solid camera hardware. This fact holds for a lot of Xiaomi Smartphones under many price points.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite may not be high-end by any means, but they churn out great pictures in good condition. They are also a unique feature in a smartphone of this caliber.
The smartphone features a triple camera system housing a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of F/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP depth sensor.
For Selfies, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is equipped with a 32MP camera with an aperture of F/2.0. There is no selfie camera flash here. This device makes use of screen flash to brighten selfies.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is no flagship, rather it’s a mid-range device equipped with specs that let you do a more than basic tasks. You have solid specs that should let you surf the net with ease, play games and lots more without lag.
The smartphone is equipped with a 10 nm Octa-core Snapdragon 710 processor, as opposed to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 featured in its big brother the Xiaomi Mi 9.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor featured on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite has processing speeds of 2.2GHz max and 1.7GHz.
For graphics, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite features an Andreno 616 graphics processing unit. This GPU aids the processor in rendering games playable on this smartphone.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite also features a 6GB Ram, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, with support for up to 256GB of Micro-SD storage.
There is also a 4030mAh battery on this device and an 18W fast charge mechanism, that ensures your smartphone gets fully charged quickly.
The xiaomi mi 9 lite features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type C version 2.0 port. The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite also features a Dual-band wifi system, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0.
The smartphone has support for bands 3, 7 and 28. This means you will be able to use Glo, Airtel, MTN and 9Mobile 4G sims on this device.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite doesn’t support the 5G network. You won’t be able to use 5G internet connectivity on this device, now or anytime in the future.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite price in Nigeria should start from around 87,000 Naira, which is around $241.99.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is available for purchase in retails stores near you as well as in online retail stores.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710, 2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 360 Gold & 1.7 GHz Hexa-core Kryo 360 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Weight: 179 g
- Colors: Black, Blue, and white
- Dimension: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.7 mm
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- Display: 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 800 nits, HDR
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps Video, HDR
- Rear Camera: 48MP (primary, wide) F/1.8 + 8MP (ultrawide)+ 2MP (depth) Camera, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, PDAF, Panorama
- 2G GSM: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X:
- 3G WCDMA: 850/ 900/ 2100 / 1900/
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 28(700,) 20(800),5(850), 8(900), 4(1700), 3(1800 +), 2(1900), 1(2100), 40(2300), 38(2600)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes,
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Barometer: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- SpO2: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Battery: 4030 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Battery Charging
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes